There is a lot to take into consideration when you look for the most suitable factory to produce your cosmetics and beauty products, it isn’t quite as simple as, ‘just’ finding a production line and turning the machines on. When choosing a factory to produce your products you are going to want a solid relationship with the boss and the workforce to ensure everybody gets what they want, here are some things to understand about production before you proceed with the enquiries.
Let’s consider that your products are made up of different ingredients and will need to go through different processes before and after they are combined together. The process might look a little something like this;
- Your product – Makeup/shampoo/skin cream, for example.
- The internal packaging, such as the makeup tube or cosmetics box, is the primary component.
- Secondary packaging – the outside packaging, such as the box in which the makeup tube is housed.
Each component of your product might be manufactured by a different manufacturer, or they can all be manufactured by the same manufacturer. It is simpler to have the same manufacturer build all of them, but this may not be the best option for you, depending on the amount of customisation you need and your budget.
Production process and timeline
When working with a cosmetic factory (known as โรงงานรับผลิตเครื่องสําอาง in Thai ) and manufacturers, you probably want to take the following steps;
- What method will you use to create your product?
- What are you going to use as your major component?
- How will you create your main component?
- What materials will you utilize for secondary packaging?
- How are you going to create your secondary packaging?
- Who will you collaborate with at each stage of the process?
It would be fair to say that, everything that goes into the thought, design and production of your products is an investment, there is a lot to organize and manage. There are factories that can take care of all of these stages of your product’s life, removing a rather large weight off of your shoulders.
You could employ the factory as Project Managers who do everything, they would simply come to you for consultation when big decisions need to be made.
We all know how valuable time is. For many of us, it can be hard to take a step back to reflect on the really important things because, we are so busy stuck right in the middle of making every decision under the sun. As such, you may want to consider the time versus money equation and pay a bit more in terms of outlay in the aim of gaining it back, and then some as you focus on driving the business forward.